Also known as “tracking”, delivery confirmation helps you track and confirm your packages by letting you know the date and time your shipment has been delivered or that a delivery attempt was made.
Delivery confirmation is good for many situations, such as when you are shipping high value goods, when you want to know when your packages are delivery, or when you want your customers to know when they should expect their shipments.
Delivery confirmation is required when insuring a package, either through USPS or Shipsurance.
NOTE: delivery confirmation is not the same as insurance.
Tracking is also helpful when reporting a lost shipment. If a First-Class Mail or Priority Mail shipment has not arrived within five (5) Postal business days from its date of mailing, you can report the loss via phone or web:
- Call 1–800-ASK-USPS (1–800–275–8777) where a customer service representative will document your mail loss complaint.
- Visit the Postal Inspection Service Web site and complete a mail loss report.
Access tracking information online or by phone:
- Use the Track & Confirm tool on usps.com.
- Contact the USPS direct at 1–800–222–1811.
- View real-time tracking status from your ShippingEasy SHIPMENT HISTORY.
Delivery confirmation is included in some services:
- Included for free with these domestic services:
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
- Parcel Select
- Media Mail
- First Class (excluding the Large Envelope/Flat)
- Most Military Mail (APO/FPO destinations)
- Available on some international shipments. Further restrictions apply.
- Not available on First Class Large Envelope/Flat
General restrictions apply:
Package must be greater than ¾ inch thick. Thinner contents must be placed and sent in a rigid box or container that won’t lose its shape or collapse into a flat or letter-sized piece during handling and delivery.
Read by usps tracking.